To find out more about web accessibility, and the accessibility features of this site, please visit our web accessibility page.
Lanarkshire Tramways No.53, 1908
This open-topped double-decker is the last surviving tram from the relatively short-lived Lanarkshire Tramways which connected Motherwell, Wishaw and Hamilton between 1903 and 1931.
The body of this tramcar was discovered by preservationists on a farm near Beith where it was being used as a hay store. The car was taken to Summerlee Museum in Coatbridge and restored to its orginal state as an open-deck car as the upper deck added in the 1920s had not survived.
In Storage: Museums
1908 - 1931 · Lanarkshire Tramways Co · Motherwell, Scotland
Privacy & Cookies Policy
Necessary cookies are absolutely essential for the website to function properly. This category only includes cookies that ensures basic functionalities and security features of the website. These cookies do not store any personal information.
Any cookies that may not be particularly necessary for the website to function and is used specifically to collect user personal data via analytics, ads, other embedded contents are termed as non-necessary cookies. It is mandatory to procure user consent prior to running these cookies on your website.